The doctoral education is an essential part of the phd students’ professional development. Therefore, the phd in Digital Humanities consists of courses, seminars, conferences and meetings throughout the year. They deal with the fundamental topics within DH: methodologies and tools for research, knowledge formalisation, web technologies and applications, and technology-enhanced learning.
Expected occupational and professional opportunities
Professionals of Digital Humanities have inherent multidisciplinary capabilities. The PhD in DH of the University of Genoa and Turin aims to train versatile and flexible specialists, able to analyze and disseminate cultural contents of the humanities in an innovative and original way with with the knowledge of new technologies.
The PhD education promotes group work, especially in teams that combine different skills. The PhD students in DH are able to interact with professionals in the technical and humanistic fields and act as a bridge between the two worlds. This makes them professional figures that can navigate in a wide variety of fields, such as, research, services or in the production sector.
As applicative fields we mention:
- Organization / management of online training;
- Design and development of applications for the use of cultural heritage;
- Restoration practices assisted by digital tools;
- Creation / management of online communication and information services;
- Development and design for multimedia and multi-channel publishing;
- Development of educational games and robotics in learning processes;
- Analysis of flows and social processes on the Net.
The PhD also constitutes a scientific point of reference for the academic staff of the school: the didactic-technological orientation offers the possibility of keeping updated with the prospect of linking schools and universities.